Secretary – Specialist Services
Woodgate & Clark is a dynamic, highly responsive commercial loss adjusting business with over 45 years' experience. We are a trusted and secure provider of commercial loss adjusting services to major commercial insurers and its clients represent a major segment of the UK commercial insurance market. Our core focus is delivering professional standards of technical excellence and superior levels of customer care. We have a passion for service delivery which sets us apart in our field.
We are looking for an experienced Audio Secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to our Loss Adjusters in the handling of a mixed portfolio of Insurance Claims
You'll be part of our friendly Loss Adjusting support team, based in central Manchester. This is a great opportunity to grow within a varied and busy role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide secretarial support to our Loss Adjusters and Surveyors for all aspects of typing, amending and issuing of documentation and including submission for approval
- Create and save all correspondence, maintaining electronic files to ensure claims are up to date during the lifecycle of the claim
- Record and update all information pertaining to the claim, ensuring data accuracy in the processing of all claims
- Work as part of a team, to support others when necessary and, provide cover if required to foster a team working environment
During times of surge and holiday cover:
- Ensure first contact, initial appointment and follow up visits are arranged as required and within Service Level Agreements; if contact is non-responsive chase on behalf of the Adjuster to proactively manage Loss Adjuster's diary
- Assist with incoming call queries, provide relevant basic assistance, update the adjuster and escalate more complex/technical queries for the adjuster to answer
- Diarise reviews and manage daily tasks to assist the adjuster in meeting all service standards in accordance with Insurer requirements
- Checking policy cover is in place and providing advice to the policyholder on the claim process and loss mitigation
- Appointing emergency repairers / damage management specialists to attend site
Our ideal candidate will have an intermediate to advanced secretarial skills, ideally gained through working in the loss adjusting or insurance sector although experience gained in the surveying or legal sectors would also be welcomed.
Additionally, you will have/will be:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role and the ability to work on your own initiative and prioritise your workload
- Accurate keyboard skills with at least 55-60 WPM typing speed
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- A positive attitude and a proactive approach to solving problems
- Able to co-ordinate a variety of actions concurrently
- Ability to work to given targets
In return we’ll offer:
- Competitive base salary dependent on level of experience & qualifications
- Company Contributory Pension
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays with buy back/purchase options
- Life Assurance benefit
- Extensive Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discounts on lifestyle benefits via our ‘Advo Perks’ scheme
If you have the necessary experience and would be interested in joining a progressive and expanding company who invest heavily in employee development, then please apply. We look forward to your application.
Woodgate & Clark operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, politic opinions or trade union membership.
Woodgate & Clark uses a third party to undertake a number of checks. Any offer of employment made by Woodgate & Clark would be conditional upon receiving a satisfactory reference, identity checks and a basic DBS check.